"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
Good Charlotte - Seasons Lyrics
Summer air reminds me of all the feelings of your love
And what it was like when we were together,
oh Walking all along the beach,
You were never far from my reach,
And you held me through
the stormy weather,
[Chorus:]
And I, I want to fall in love tonight,
And I remember when you said
"everything is gonna be alright"
Laying in the summer grass,
you told me not to talk so fast
As I told you how I feel.
You made me feel right at home.
You told me I was not alone and you knew just how I feel.
I know we talked about it,
I just can't get around it,
I just want one more night with you,
[Chorus]
October air reminds me of all the seasons of your love
And what it was like when we were together, oh.
The smell of fall is everywhere,
and though it seems, I just don't care,
'cause now you've gone away
[Chorus]
Alright
I, I wanna fall in love
I, I, I wanna fall in love tonight.
A morsel of indulgence.
But you said yours and i don't think you cound make up your mind
and i'm going for good.
Saturday was good, met Jodee for Macs breakfast then went to Jurong East Library to mug for a while. Jodee got to be bitchy cos there was this muddleheaded idiot who told us we could sit down then just as we were getting down to studying, told us "uh, sorry i forgot i've got snother friend coming". In Jodee's words, "How big is your friend? How come she's so easy to FORGET??" She didn't say it to the girl, but it would've been funny if she had. Went to Delifrance for lunch, by default (haha). Seems like we always end up eating when we go out. Life's good, i'll say. It was complete stress, though, cos of PW and the lackthereof. Hopefully we'll get it done before it has to be submitted.
I came home at about 5++ and as i was sitting there getting ready (or trying to) to do my lit poem, i just couldn't. I guess that's what happens when i worry. I go all malfunctional. Luckily Shaun called me out to go walk walk so i jump out of my seat immediately, grabbed my keys and went out. It was very nice as i was walking along. I forget how nice it gets at that time, trees, breezes, and people sweating it out while i'm not. Had a good catchup, it's nice the way God works, showing how people care by just being there when you need someone most. Went out for dinner with the family afterwards and although i felt dead as, it was still nice. Came home and did lit then stayed up til 4am doing PW. Nucking Futs.
I like how there are people you pass by in the course of a day and when they smile at you, or wave, or stop to chat for less than a minute, it just makes your day that much brighter. I like how sincerity can be reflected in someone's eyes so much so that it makes you feel as light as a feather just because of that split second you catch someone's eye. I like how a simple one-liner, or hug, or tap, or wink can stand for an entire afternoon of consoling conversation, "just because". I like little random conversations about absolutely nothing, but absolutely everything at the same time. I like tiny discoveries of both people and places, i like to see personalities shine for the better or worse. I like how i can admit i'm scared and not be shot down. I like how going for a walk with a good friend can do wonders for the soul, how msges never fail to cheer me up, knowing that people care for other people and are willing to put themselves out there all in the name of buddy-love. I like seeing happy couples cos if you find someone to love, they're a true gem. I like being free, and only tied down by my own thoughts.
I don't like how all those memories and promises built up to a tremendous nothing, and how i wasted heart and time waiting when you weren't. But then, maybe it was that in my subconscious that got me through.
-Happiness is a hard master.